The Maryland Bridge is less invasive for single tooth replacement than conventional bridgework. The restoration enables the dental practitioner to splint or replace missing teeth esthetically, with minimal tooth modification. It offers greatly improved bond strength over earlier perforated resin-bonded retainers. New materials and techniques allow for better retention. This results in the convenience of a fixed restoration at a lower cost.
Maryland bridge Advantages:
• Minimally Invasive: Less aggressive than a three unit bridge.
• Proven Effective: Over 20 years of clinical success
• Cost Effective: Durable with exceptionally strong flexural strength
Maryland bridge Indications :
• Single Tooth (Sometimes used for 2 to 3 teeth)
• Typically Used for Anterior Cases
• Minimum 1 mm clearance from opposing dentition.